Grand Jury Indicts Alleged Gang Members | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- A federal grand jury has handed down two indictments against members of an alleged violent gang.
The U.S. Attorney's Office says three members of the Bailey Boys have been charged in connection with two shootings, one of a rival gang member, the other involved a drug deal gone bad. One of the victims was wounded, the other was killed.
The Bailey Boys alone, who operate in the Winspear, Kensington, and Eggert Road area, now stand accused of a total of three murders and six shootings, including a drive-by that occurred during a neighborhood party where numerous kids were present.
Local officials say the violent gang most often went after rival gang members, but also posed a risk to others.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.