Grand Jury Indicts Alleged Gang Members | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- A federal grand jury has handed down two indictments against members of an alleged violent gang.
The U.S. Attorney's Office says three members of the Bailey Boys have been charged in connection with two shootings, one of a rival gang member, the other involved a drug deal gone bad. One of the victims was wounded, the other was killed.
The Bailey Boys alone, who operate in the Winspear, Kensington, and Eggert Road area, now stand accused of a total of three murders and six shootings, including a drive-by that occurred during a neighborhood party where numerous kids were present.
Local officials say the violent gang most often went after rival gang members, but also posed a risk to others.
Top Eastside Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Dog Seriously Burned in House Fire Needs Your Help
- Senator Grisanti’s Bill to Increase Number of Green Homes Built In NYS Passes Senate
- Roger Woodworth Nominated by Senator Grisanti for Veterans Hall of Fame in New York State Senate
- Erie Co. Democratic Chairman Calls Out Sheriff on NY Safe Act
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers