Elderly Woman Found Dead In Buffalo | News
BUFFALO, NY - Buffalo Police say the body of an elderly female was found along some railroad tracks on Buffalo's east side Wednesday morning.
Family members tell 2 On Your Side's Claudine Ewing, it is the body of 84-year-old Calvin Graham. She was reported missing to Buffalo Police on Sunday.
The discovery was made by a CSX employee near the foot of Wex Street.
Graham's son Chris said detectives told him "she (Mrs. Graham) was peacful. She still had her coat, boots and hat on, with her hands crossed with a little smile on her face. They say she died peaceful. I think she just got tired, laid down and never woke up again."
Buffalo homicide detectives were working with family members and are awaiting autopsy results for the cause of death.
Graham, who police say suffered from medical conditions, was last seen in the 1700 block of Genesee St. around 7 p.m. Sunday night.
Top Eastside Stories
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum -Special Hours for Memorial Day Weekend
- Catholic Charities to Host Domestic Violence Training Focusing on New York Model for Batterers
- Bespoke Men’s Line to Launch in Buffalo
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Dog Seriously Burned in House Fire Needs Your Help
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers