McKinley 75-East 53 | News
BUFFALO, N.Y.-When two top Yale Cup teams like East and McKinley get together you can expect an up-tempo style game and that's what happened at McKinley Tuesday evening.
McKinley, undefeated in the Yale Cup, kept its streak alive with a 75-53 win over the Panthers. East kept the game close throughout the first half, but McKinley took control starting in the third quarter. " We started out well in the second half, we were able to control the rebounds and get out in transition, overall we played well in the fourth quarter" said McKinley Head Coach Zaire Dorsey.
# 15 Marcus Morris led all scorers with 18 for McKinley, and both # 1 Lovelle Smith and # 20 Sammy Smith added 12 points. Top scorers for East were # 11 Percy Bryant with 13 points, and #5 Tyree Tyson with 11.
With 3 games left in the regular season McKinley has a 2 game cushion on East for first place in the Yale Cup. After this win McKinley improves to 12-3 overall, and 9-0 in the Yale Cup. They move on to play at Riverside on Friday night at 6 PM.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight
- Fire damages homes in South Buffalo