East 84-Bennett 32 | News
BUFFALO, N.Y.-Tuesday night in Yale Cup play East completed a season sweep of Bennett winning 84-32 at East.
The Panthers controlled the game from the opening tip. The first quarter was a good indicator of the kind of night it was going to be for the Tigers. East led 27-12 after the first quarter.
The Panthers never looked back, going on to win in convincing fashion. After winning their first matchup on the road at Bennett in December, the Panthers secured the sweep over Bennett Tuesday, improving their overall record to 10-4, 7-1 in the Yale Cup.
East Junior guard # 1 Johnathon Lewis led all scorers with 24 points, and his mate in the backcourt # 11 Percy Bryant added 20. Brenden Benjamin # 23 finished as Bennett's top scorer in the game with 8 points.
East head Coach Starling Bryant was impressed with his guys defense, saying "I liked the defensive intensity and the effort, we've been working hard on defense, and I've got a pretty good group of guys that will work on defense".
With only one loss in league play that came at the hands of McKinley East looks forward to their remaining Yale Cup games, including their rematch with McKinley.
Top Eastside Stories
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum -Special Hours for Memorial Day Weekend
- Catholic Charities to Host Domestic Violence Training Focusing on New York Model for Batterers
- Bespoke Men’s Line to Launch in Buffalo
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Dog Seriously Burned in House Fire Needs Your Help
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers