Some Discouraged by Delays With MLK Park Project | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Many in a Buffalo neighborhood are discouraged by delays of a significant project at Martin Luther King Junior Park.
The Coalition to Save Martin Luther King Park held a public meeting Monday night. No representatives from the city attended, even though they were invited.
The coalition is hoping for an update as they wait to see the old wading pool transformed into a water feature that will be a place for children to cool off in the summer and offer ice skating in the winter.
"We are getting the same line, the same PR line that we want to make sure this project is done right. Well, it better be done right," said Sam Herbert with the MLK coalition.
A city spokesperson says fencing is still up around the wading pool because there's still work to be done. There's is no timeline for when it will be complete and if there will be ice skating this winter.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight
- Fire damages homes in South Buffalo