Some Discouraged by Delays With MLK Park Project | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Many in a Buffalo neighborhood are discouraged by delays of a significant project at Martin Luther King Junior Park.
The Coalition to Save Martin Luther King Park held a public meeting Monday night. No representatives from the city attended, even though they were invited.
The coalition is hoping for an update as they wait to see the old wading pool transformed into a water feature that will be a place for children to cool off in the summer and offer ice skating in the winter.
"We are getting the same line, the same PR line that we want to make sure this project is done right. Well, it better be done right," said Sam Herbert with the MLK coalition.
A city spokesperson says fencing is still up around the wading pool because there's still work to be done. There's is no timeline for when it will be complete and if there will be ice skating this winter.
Top Eastside Stories
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Memorial Day Commemoration Features Military March
- Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum -Special Hours for Memorial Day Weekend
- Catholic Charities to Host Domestic Violence Training Focusing on New York Model for Batterers
- Bespoke Men’s Line to Launch in Buffalo
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers