Buffalo Police Arrest 8 on City's East Side | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - Eight people, including one juvenile, have been arrested following a shots fired call on the city's East Side early Sunday morning, according to police.
Buffalo Police say officers went to the 1400 block of East Delevan Avenue at 4:30 a.m. Sunday and came across a number of weapons.
Officers say at least one of the suspects let a pit bull loose, who then charged at police.
Police added that one officer fired, striking the pit bull. Investigators say the bullet ricochet and struck one of the suspects in the hand.
No names or ages have been released by Buffalo Police at this time.
Buffalo Police say charges include attempted assault on officers, criminal possession of a weapon, reckless endangerment, criminal possession of marijuana, and resisting arrest.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Construction Continues on Riverworks Project
- Grisanti Names Kelly Carrigg 'Veteran Of The Month'
- Catholic Charities WIC to Host Breastfeeding Walk, Healthy Baby Festival Aug. 8 in Erie County
- Local public health efforts bolstered by use of health information exchange
- Teams compete to climb the grease pole
- NYC-BASED VENTURE CAPITALIST AND BLOGGER FRED WILSON TO SPEAK AT LARKIN SQUARE ON AUG. 5
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public