Buffalo Police Arrest 8 on City's East Side | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - Eight people, including one juvenile, have been arrested following a shots fired call on the city's East Side early Sunday morning, according to police.
Buffalo Police say officers went to the 1400 block of East Delevan Avenue at 4:30 a.m. Sunday and came across a number of weapons.
Officers say at least one of the suspects let a pit bull loose, who then charged at police.
Police added that one officer fired, striking the pit bull. Investigators say the bullet ricochet and struck one of the suspects in the hand.
No names or ages have been released by Buffalo Police at this time.
Buffalo Police say charges include attempted assault on officers, criminal possession of a weapon, reckless endangerment, criminal possession of marijuana, and resisting arrest.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.