Response To Love Gets New Boiler | News
BUFFALO N.Y.- In the five weeks since they discovered that their boiler would heat no more, the generous folks at The Response To Love Center on Buffalo's east side have been praying for a miracle.
Sister Mary Johnice reached out for help and the community responded. To date $107,000 has been raised to help pay for the new furnace, and all the associated costs, from removing asbestos, to fixing the chimney.
Now, just days before Christmas, Sister Johnice, Reverend Frederick Betti, and some of those who donated their time and talent, flipped the switch and brought to life the heater that will keep this building warm for years to come.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight