Response To Love Gets New Boiler | News
BUFFALO N.Y.- In the five weeks since they discovered that their boiler would heat no more, the generous folks at The Response To Love Center on Buffalo's east side have been praying for a miracle.
Sister Mary Johnice reached out for help and the community responded. To date $107,000 has been raised to help pay for the new furnace, and all the associated costs, from removing asbestos, to fixing the chimney.
Now, just days before Christmas, Sister Johnice, Reverend Frederick Betti, and some of those who donated their time and talent, flipped the switch and brought to life the heater that will keep this building warm for years to come.
Top Eastside Stories
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Memorial Day Commemoration Features Military March
- Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum -Special Hours for Memorial Day Weekend
- Catholic Charities to Host Domestic Violence Training Focusing on New York Model for Batterers
- Bespoke Men’s Line to Launch in Buffalo
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers