Response To Love Gets New Boiler | News
BUFFALO N.Y.- In the five weeks since they discovered that their boiler would heat no more, the generous folks at The Response To Love Center on Buffalo's east side have been praying for a miracle.
Sister Mary Johnice reached out for help and the community responded. To date $107,000 has been raised to help pay for the new furnace, and all the associated costs, from removing asbestos, to fixing the chimney.
Now, just days before Christmas, Sister Johnice, Reverend Frederick Betti, and some of those who donated their time and talent, flipped the switch and brought to life the heater that will keep this building warm for years to come.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.