Service Held for Recovering Deacon | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The congregation, friends, and community members turned out today for a special service at Friendship Missionary Baptist Church in Buffalo to honor their beloved Deacon.
96-year-old Levi Clayton was brutally beaten during a home invasion and burglary at his Longview Avenue home last month.
Friends signed a get well card and received an update on the recovery of their deacon who is now at a local nursing care facility following his discharge from ECMC.
"He is progressing now but it's slowly," said Deacon John Donaldson. "He'll communicate with you. His thoughts and ideas, his memory is somewhat coming back to him."
Buffalo Police continue to investigate surveillance video taken at the home which showed the three men who broke in and attacked Deacon Clayton.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Anticipation Grows as Harbor Center Project Proceeds
- Grant Allows Lake Shore School District To Direct Savings To Educational Programs
- Appeal Week 2014 Culminates with $8.88 Million Raised for 90th Annual Catholic Charities Appeal
- Catholic Charities Holds Raffle of Harley-Davidson
- Sabres End Season with Fan Appreciation Night