Service Held for Recovering Deacon | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The congregation, friends, and community members turned out today for a special service at Friendship Missionary Baptist Church in Buffalo to honor their beloved Deacon.
96-year-old Levi Clayton was brutally beaten during a home invasion and burglary at his Longview Avenue home last month.
Friends signed a get well card and received an update on the recovery of their deacon who is now at a local nursing care facility following his discharge from ECMC.
"He is progressing now but it's slowly," said Deacon John Donaldson. "He'll communicate with you. His thoughts and ideas, his memory is somewhat coming back to him."
Buffalo Police continue to investigate surveillance video taken at the home which showed the three men who broke in and attacked Deacon Clayton.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grisanti Names Kelly Carrigg 'Veteran Of The Month'
- Catholic Charities WIC to Host Breastfeeding Walk, Healthy Baby Festival Aug. 8 in Erie County
- Local public health efforts bolstered by use of health information exchange
- Teams compete to climb the grease pole
- Utility work closes part of Church Street downtown
- NYC-BASED VENTURE CAPITALIST AND BLOGGER FRED WILSON TO SPEAK AT LARKIN SQUARE ON AUG. 5
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public