WNY Olympian Home For The Holidays | News
BUFFALO, NY - It's a long way from being bestowed with silver on the medal stand in London, to being covered with chocolate and frosting in the back room of a bakery in Kaisertown.
But it's a journey being relished by Jake Kaminski, the Elma native who has returned home to Western New York for the first time since capturing a Silver medal with his teammates at the Summer Olympics.
Kaminski is home for the holidays with his wife Amanda, and both are helping Kaminski's family prepare goods at his family's business, the Pumpernik N' Pastry Shoppe on Clinton Street.
Kaminski will also display his Silver Medal to customers who ask to see it.
Click on the video player to see our story, "Catching Up With Kaminski", by 2 On Your Side Reporter Dave McKinley and Photojournalist Norm Fisher from Eden.
Top Eastside Stories
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum -Special Hours for Memorial Day Weekend
- Catholic Charities to Host Domestic Violence Training Focusing on New York Model for Batterers
- Bespoke Men’s Line to Launch in Buffalo
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Dog Seriously Burned in House Fire Needs Your Help
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers