WNY Olympian Home For The Holidays | News
BUFFALO, NY - It's a long way from being bestowed with silver on the medal stand in London, to being covered with chocolate and frosting in the back room of a bakery in Kaisertown.
But it's a journey being relished by Jake Kaminski, the Elma native who has returned home to Western New York for the first time since capturing a Silver medal with his teammates at the Summer Olympics.
Kaminski is home for the holidays with his wife Amanda, and both are helping Kaminski's family prepare goods at his family's business, the Pumpernik N' Pastry Shoppe on Clinton Street.
Kaminski will also display his Silver Medal to customers who ask to see it.
Click on the video player to see our story, "Catching Up With Kaminski", by 2 On Your Side Reporter Dave McKinley and Photojournalist Norm Fisher from Eden.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.
- DEC says Buffalo company 'creating significant dust'
- No Frills Buffalo Releases Book by New Author