Work Begins at Response To Love Center | News
BUFFALO, N.Y.- It's been about three weeks since the furnace at the Response To Love Center finally gave out.
The steam boiler that had been working in the basement of the east side beacon of hope for the past fifty years had to be replaced, just as winter was coming.
Sister Mary Johnice told 2 On Your Side what happened and the community responded. As of Monday, December 3, 2012, donations amounting to $79,373 dollars have been received, and now work has begun to take out the old, and put in the new furnace.
Two On Your Side's Dooley O'Rourke checked on how things are progressing.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.