Work Begins at Response To Love Center | News
BUFFALO, N.Y.- It's been about three weeks since the furnace at the Response To Love Center finally gave out.
The steam boiler that had been working in the basement of the east side beacon of hope for the past fifty years had to be replaced, just as winter was coming.
Sister Mary Johnice told 2 On Your Side what happened and the community responded. As of Monday, December 3, 2012, donations amounting to $79,373 dollars have been received, and now work has begun to take out the old, and put in the new furnace.
Two On Your Side's Dooley O'Rourke checked on how things are progressing.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Business Leaders Organize Chippewa Alliance
- Construction Continues on Riverworks Project
- Grisanti Names Kelly Carrigg 'Veteran Of The Month'
- Catholic Charities WIC to Host Breastfeeding Walk, Healthy Baby Festival Aug. 8 in Erie County
- Local public health efforts bolstered by use of health information exchange
- NYC-BASED VENTURE CAPITALIST AND BLOGGER FRED WILSON TO SPEAK AT LARKIN SQUARE ON AUG. 5
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public