Teen Charged with DWI After Crash Involving Public Safety Officer | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - A Canisius College Public Safety Officer was sent to the hospital overnight Thursday after the car he was in was hit by an alleged drunk driver.
Buffalo Police say the officer was stopped at a red light at the intersection of Main Street and Eastwood Place just before 2 A.M.
The driver, an 18-year-old Tonawanda woman, crashed into the stopped police cruiser, rear-ending it.
The officer was taken to Erie County Medical Center to be checked out. We're told that he'll be okay.
Angela Marillo is charged with DWI, DUI and crminial possession of a controlled substance after quantities of heroin and other drug paraphernalia were found in her possession. Marillo is not a student of the college.
Top Eastside Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Dog Seriously Burned in House Fire Needs Your Help
- Senator Grisanti’s Bill to Increase Number of Green Homes Built In NYS Passes Senate
- Roger Woodworth Nominated by Senator Grisanti for Veterans Hall of Fame in New York State Senate
- Erie Co. Democratic Chairman Calls Out Sheriff on NY Safe Act
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers