Volunteers Find Unique Benefit at St Luke's Mission | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - With the need greater than ever, volunteers on Tuesday handed out over seven thousand bags of food to those who came to the St. Luke's Mission on Walden Avenue.
The line started forming hours before the doors opened, and at times wrapped all the way around the east side church building that St. Luke's calls home.
Channel 2 Photojournalist Dooley O'Rourke found the spirit of giving has a special effect on those who come to St Luke's.
Top Eastside Stories
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum -Special Hours for Memorial Day Weekend
- Catholic Charities to Host Domestic Violence Training Focusing on New York Model for Batterers
- Bespoke Men’s Line to Launch in Buffalo
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Dog Seriously Burned in House Fire Needs Your Help
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers