Volunteers Find Unique Benefit at St Luke's Mission | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - With the need greater than ever, volunteers on Tuesday handed out over seven thousand bags of food to those who came to the St. Luke's Mission on Walden Avenue.
The line started forming hours before the doors opened, and at times wrapped all the way around the east side church building that St. Luke's calls home.
Channel 2 Photojournalist Dooley O'Rourke found the spirit of giving has a special effect on those who come to St Luke's.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.