Demoliton of Old Deaconess Hospital Underway | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The former Deaconess Hospital will soon be gone.
Kaleida health began demolishing the buildings at the site Monday. The hospital was shut down 24 years ago and served as a nursing home until it was closed last year.
The location will be the new home of the Community Action Organization of Erie County. It will include it's headquarters, a community center and a new Head Start Academy.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grant Allows Lake Shore School District To Direct Savings To Educational Programs
- Appeal Week 2014 Culminates with $8.88 Million Raised for 90th Annual Catholic Charities Appeal
- Catholic Charities Holds Raffle of Harley-Davidson
- Sabres End Season with Fan Appreciation Night
- Missing Pit Bull In Dogfighting Case Reportedly Found