Demoliton of Old Deaconess Hospital Underway | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The former Deaconess Hospital will soon be gone.
Kaleida health began demolishing the buildings at the site Monday. The hospital was shut down 24 years ago and served as a nursing home until it was closed last year.
The location will be the new home of the Community Action Organization of Erie County. It will include it's headquarters, a community center and a new Head Start Academy.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dog Ears Bookstore Lists Student Poetry Contest Winners
- Man, Dog Found Dead in Fire on Sirret Street
- Dog Ears Bookstore & Café to Host Soda Bread Contest, Irish Breakfast
- Mount Mercy Academy's Speech & Debate Seniors Ready for the National Tournament
- 120 Teams Compete at Labatt Blue Pond Hockey Tournament