Demoliton of Old Deaconess Hospital Underway | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The former Deaconess Hospital will soon be gone.
Kaleida health began demolishing the buildings at the site Monday. The hospital was shut down 24 years ago and served as a nursing home until it was closed last year.
The location will be the new home of the Community Action Organization of Erie County. It will include it's headquarters, a community center and a new Head Start Academy.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.