Demoliton of Old Deaconess Hospital Underway | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The former Deaconess Hospital will soon be gone.
Kaleida health began demolishing the buildings at the site Monday. The hospital was shut down 24 years ago and served as a nursing home until it was closed last year.
The location will be the new home of the Community Action Organization of Erie County. It will include it's headquarters, a community center and a new Head Start Academy.
Top Eastside Stories
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Memorial Day Commemoration Features Military March
- Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum -Special Hours for Memorial Day Weekend
- Catholic Charities to Host Domestic Violence Training Focusing on New York Model for Batterers
- Bespoke Men’s Line to Launch in Buffalo
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers