Demoliton of Old Deaconess Hospital Underway | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The former Deaconess Hospital will soon be gone.
Kaleida health began demolishing the buildings at the site Monday. The hospital was shut down 24 years ago and served as a nursing home until it was closed last year.
The location will be the new home of the Community Action Organization of Erie County. It will include it's headquarters, a community center and a new Head Start Academy.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grisanti Names Kelly Carrigg 'Veteran Of The Month'
- Catholic Charities WIC to Host Breastfeeding Walk, Healthy Baby Festival Aug. 8 in Erie County
- Local public health efforts bolstered by use of health information exchange
- Teams compete to climb the grease pole
- Utility work closes part of Church Street downtown
- NYC-BASED VENTURE CAPITALIST AND BLOGGER FRED WILSON TO SPEAK AT LARKIN SQUARE ON AUG. 5
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public