Free Health and Wellness Event | News
BUFFALO, NY -- There will be a free breast cancer awareness walk and wellness event on Saturday, October 13th at 10 a.m. in Masten Park. the walk will be followed by free breast cancer screenings.
The event, by the Patient Voices Network (a partnership between UB and Jericho Rd. Ministries) is meant to bring information to those in need. On-site screening mammograms will be available for women who have a prescription and who pre-register by calling WNY Breast Health at 1-855-464-7465.
This is not a fundraiser, this is an event meant to educate people on the East Side about breast cancer and to screen them for it. It is completely free of charge.
Among African-American women, breast cancer is the most common cancer and the second most common cause of death.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.