Jury Selection Begins in Child Beating Death Trial | News
BUFFALO, NY - Jury selection begins today in the trial of a former Buffalo News security guard accused of brutally beating his stepson to death.
The medical examiner said Abdi was struck more than 70 times.
Mohamud faces 25 years to life in prison if convicted.
Local defense attorney and Two On Your Side legal analyst Paul Cambria believes picking a jury will be the longest part of the trial.
"Some people might say they just can't keep an open mind. Others may say they just can't be a part of a case like that. The emotional part of it is overwhelming. So it will take some time," said Cambria.
A 911 call in April 2011, one year before his death, was one of eight calls to police dating back to 2010.
Top Eastside Stories
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum -Special Hours for Memorial Day Weekend
- Catholic Charities to Host Domestic Violence Training Focusing on New York Model for Batterers
- Bespoke Men’s Line to Launch in Buffalo
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Dog Seriously Burned in House Fire Needs Your Help
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers