Jury Selection Begins in Child Beating Death Trial | News
BUFFALO, NY - Jury selection begins today in the trial of a former Buffalo News security guard accused of brutally beating his stepson to death.
The medical examiner said Abdi was struck more than 70 times.
Mohamud faces 25 years to life in prison if convicted.
Local defense attorney and Two On Your Side legal analyst Paul Cambria believes picking a jury will be the longest part of the trial.
"Some people might say they just can't keep an open mind. Others may say they just can't be a part of a case like that. The emotional part of it is overwhelming. So it will take some time," said Cambria.
A 911 call in April 2011, one year before his death, was one of eight calls to police dating back to 2010.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Anticipation Grows as Harbor Center Project Proceeds
- Grant Allows Lake Shore School District To Direct Savings To Educational Programs
- Appeal Week 2014 Culminates with $8.88 Million Raised for 90th Annual Catholic Charities Appeal
- Catholic Charities Holds Raffle of Harley-Davidson
- Sabres End Season with Fan Appreciation Night