Buffalo Fire Crews Fight Reed Street Fire | News
BUFFALO, NY - A two alarm fire kept Buffalo's Bravest busy this morning.
Crews arrived to 88 Reed Street around 5:30 a.m. Wednesday.
They found a vacant building fully engulfed and a neighboring home also on fire.
It took nearly an hour and a half to bring the large fire under control.
We're told the vacant building where the fire originated sustained $50,000 in damage.
The home at 86 Reed Street sustained a total of $60,000 in damage. Another home at 94 Reed Street sustained an estimated $10,000 in damages.
No one was hurt in the fires. Red Cross was called in to assist five adults and two children.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shark Girl Sculpture Unveiled at Canalside
- Tomorrow’s Youth Today Receives $610,000 Grant from Buffalo, Erie County Workforce Investment Board
- New DNC headquarters going up at breakneck speed
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino and Duff’s to Debut at National Buffalo Wing Festival
- BUFFALO RIVER FEST PARK HOSTS “HALFWAY TO ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARTY” ON SEPTEMBER 5TH
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.