Concussion Discussion Kicks Off Sports Exhibit at Buffalo Science Museum | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Concussions and other sports injuries in young athletes was the topic of a workshop and panel discussion Thursday night at the Buffalo Museum of Science.
Doctors from UB Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine put together a seminar with guest speakers who are experts on sports injuries, especially their evaluation and treatment.
Local professional coaches, athletic directors, trainers and nurses took part. Youth concussions and sports injuries have become a major concern.
"So we've really gone toward treating them more aggressively with rest, more frequent evaluations and a more graduated return to play using more specific criteria," said Dr. Marc Fineberg with UB.
Dr. Fineberg also said they key is prevention because there is still no specific diagnostic test to evaluate athlete concussions.
The discussion helped kick off the Science of Sports exhibit at the Buffalo Science Museum.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shark Girl Sculpture Unveiled at Canalside
- Tomorrow’s Youth Today Receives $610,000 Grant from Buffalo, Erie County Workforce Investment Board
- New DNC headquarters going up at breakneck speed
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino and Duff’s to Debut at National Buffalo Wing Festival
- BUFFALO RIVER FEST PARK HOSTS “HALFWAY TO ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARTY” ON SEPTEMBER 5TH
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.