Concussion Discussion Kicks Off Sports Exhibit at Buffalo Science Museum | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Concussions and other sports injuries in young athletes was the topic of a workshop and panel discussion Thursday night at the Buffalo Museum of Science.
Doctors from UB Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine put together a seminar with guest speakers who are experts on sports injuries, especially their evaluation and treatment.
Local professional coaches, athletic directors, trainers and nurses took part. Youth concussions and sports injuries have become a major concern.
"So we've really gone toward treating them more aggressively with rest, more frequent evaluations and a more graduated return to play using more specific criteria," said Dr. Marc Fineberg with UB.
Dr. Fineberg also said they key is prevention because there is still no specific diagnostic test to evaluate athlete concussions.
The discussion helped kick off the Science of Sports exhibit at the Buffalo Science Museum.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight