Goodyear Ave. Shooting Victim Dies | News
BUFFALO, NY - Shots rang out on Goodyear Avenue Sunday afternoon leaving one man dead.
Buffalo Police responded to a call of a person shot just before 4 p.m.
When Ferry-Fillmore District officers arrived to the 500 block of Goodyear Avenue they found a 30-year-old black man shot multiple times.
The victim was taken to Erie County Medical Center by Rural Metro Medical Services, but later died of his injuries.
The name of the victim is being withheld pending the notification of family members.
Buffalo Police Homicide Detectives are investigating the homicide and encourage anyone with information to call or text the Buffalo Police Confidential Tipline at 716-847-2255. Members of the community can also email a confidential tip to police via an online form at their website.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Lucky Player from Eden, N.Y. Wins $844,437 on Penny Machine at Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino
- Catholic Charities of Buffalo Appoints Two Directors
- Shark Girl Sculpture Unveiled at Canalside
- Explore Buffalo Lists September Events; Special Tours will Focus on Art
- Tomorrow’s Youth Today Receives $610,000 Grant from Buffalo, Erie County Workforce Investment Board
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.