Buffalo Firefighters Fight Overnight Fire | News
BUFFALO, NY - A vacant house fire in the city's Emerson section pressed Buffalo Firefighters into action overnight.
The fire broke out around 2:30 a.m. along the 400 block of Walden Avenue near the intersection of Koons Ave.
Officials say the fire started on the first floor and spread to the home's second floor and attic.
It took about thirty minutes to put the fire out.
Damage from the fire is estimated at $35,000.
The fire is under investigation by the Buffalo Fire Arson Investigation Unit.
Top Eastside Stories
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum -Special Hours for Memorial Day Weekend
- Catholic Charities to Host Domestic Violence Training Focusing on New York Model for Batterers
- Bespoke Men’s Line to Launch in Buffalo
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Dog Seriously Burned in House Fire Needs Your Help
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers