14-Year-Old Indicted on Murder Charge | News
BUFFALO, NY-- An Erie County Grand Jury has indicted a 14-year-old boy on one county of second-degree murder. He is accused of murdering a Kelmyne Jones Jr., 16, of Buffalo.
Police were called to Northland Avenue on Saturday, July 6, for a report of a fight. When they arrived, they found Jones collapsed in a driveway.
While the suspect is being charged as an adult at this time, 2 On Your Side is not naming him due the possibility that he could later be granted youthful offender status.
2 On Your Side has learned that the suspect may have brought a gun to school in April. We reached out to the Buffalo Public School district for a comment. Below is the District's response:
After school hours on April 10th a School #95 teacher overheard students speaking about a gun on a bus on a recent school day. Administration and counselors began a thorough investigation and alerted police. Student reports varied by date as to when they allegedly saw the gun, and multiple students interviewed reported no firearm. A thorough search of the school including the student's person and locker, along with those of ten other students was conducted, but no gun was uncovered. A bus video was checked, but no evidence of gun possession was found.
To the fullest extent of his abilities and based on the allegations, the school principal pursued a formal District Hearing in which all evidence was presented. Based on the outcome, with no evidence whatsoever of a weapon, the student was allowed to return to school in accordance with Education Law.
The teen will return to court in August for arraignment.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Business Leaders Organize Chippewa Alliance
- Construction Continues on Riverworks Project
- Grisanti Names Kelly Carrigg 'Veteran Of The Month'
- Catholic Charities WIC to Host Breastfeeding Walk, Healthy Baby Festival Aug. 8 in Erie County
- Local public health efforts bolstered by use of health information exchange
- NYC-BASED VENTURE CAPITALIST AND BLOGGER FRED WILSON TO SPEAK AT LARKIN SQUARE ON AUG. 5
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public