Auction Set for Old Deaconess Center Site | Health
BUFFALO, N.Y. (Friday April 13th, 2012) – Cash Realty & Auctions will host an auction at the old Deaconess Center in Buffalo.
It is believed to be the largest health care related auction in decades, with furniture, medical and dental equipment, patient beds, food service items and equipment, maintenance equipment, tools and more all scheduled to go. Many of the items are less than six or seven years old.
The Deaconess Center, located at 1001 Humboldt Parkway, is a former hospital that closed in 1986. Most recently it served as a nursing home for Kaleida Health but closed in December to make way for the organization’s new long term care facility, HighPointe on Michigan.
The auction will be held Wednesday, April 25, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. A preview of the inventory will be held at 8:30 a.m. on auction day. Payment is due immediately at auction.
All proceeds from the auction will benefit patient care at HighPointe on Michigan. HighPointe on Michigan marks the consolidation of two Kaleida Health nursing homes, the 242-bed Deaconess Center on Humboldt Parkway and the 75-bed skilled-nursing unit located inside Millard Fillmore Gates Circle Hospital. Both of are now closed.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shark Girl Sculpture Unveiled at Canalside
- Tomorrow’s Youth Today Receives $610,000 Grant from Buffalo, Erie County Workforce Investment Board
- New DNC headquarters going up at breakneck speed
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino and Duff’s to Debut at National Buffalo Wing Festival
- BUFFALO RIVER FEST PARK HOSTS “HALFWAY TO ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARTY” ON SEPTEMBER 5TH
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.