ECMC Opens New On-Campus Nursing Home | Business
Erie County Medical Center Corp. recently dedicated its new $103 million, 390-bed nursing home on the ECMC Health Campus on Grider Street, and began receiving patients Saturday.
Terrace View Long-Term Care Facility, named for the design feature of multiple terraces providing outside areas for residents, replaces the 87-year-old Erie County nursing home in Alden. Terrace View also combines in one location existing long-term care beds from ECMC.
Patients will be transferred from Alden into the new facility today and from the Skilled Nursing Facility at ECMC on Sunday.
Lt. Governor Robert J. Duffy, Mayor Byron Brown and County Executive Mark Poloncarz joined ECMC Executives and Board of Directors, as well as members of the community for the dedication.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shark Girl Sculpture Unveiled at Canalside
- Tomorrow’s Youth Today Receives $610,000 Grant from Buffalo, Erie County Workforce Investment Board
- New DNC headquarters going up at breakneck speed
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino and Duff’s to Debut at National Buffalo Wing Festival
- BUFFALO RIVER FEST PARK HOSTS “HALFWAY TO ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARTY” ON SEPTEMBER 5TH
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.