ECMC Opens New On-Campus Nursing Home | Business
Erie County Medical Center Corp. recently dedicated its new $103 million, 390-bed nursing home on the ECMC Health Campus on Grider Street, and began receiving patients Saturday.
Terrace View Long-Term Care Facility, named for the design feature of multiple terraces providing outside areas for residents, replaces the 87-year-old Erie County nursing home in Alden. Terrace View also combines in one location existing long-term care beds from ECMC.
Patients will be transferred from Alden into the new facility today and from the Skilled Nursing Facility at ECMC on Sunday.
Lt. Governor Robert J. Duffy, Mayor Byron Brown and County Executive Mark Poloncarz joined ECMC Executives and Board of Directors, as well as members of the community for the dedication.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight