ECMC Opens New On-Campus Nursing Home | Business
Erie County Medical Center Corp. recently dedicated its new $103 million, 390-bed nursing home on the ECMC Health Campus on Grider Street, and began receiving patients Saturday.
Terrace View Long-Term Care Facility, named for the design feature of multiple terraces providing outside areas for residents, replaces the 87-year-old Erie County nursing home in Alden. Terrace View also combines in one location existing long-term care beds from ECMC.
Patients will be transferred from Alden into the new facility today and from the Skilled Nursing Facility at ECMC on Sunday.
Lt. Governor Robert J. Duffy, Mayor Byron Brown and County Executive Mark Poloncarz joined ECMC Executives and Board of Directors, as well as members of the community for the dedication.
Top Eastside Stories
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Memorial Day Commemoration Features Military March
- Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum -Special Hours for Memorial Day Weekend
- Catholic Charities to Host Domestic Violence Training Focusing on New York Model for Batterers
- Bespoke Men’s Line to Launch in Buffalo
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers