No Frills Buffalo Releases Poetry Collection and Introduces eBook Service | Arts & Culture
No Frills Buffalo, a publishing company founded by Mark Pogodzinski, has released a collection of poetry by Buffalo native Frederick E. Whitehead.
“Orbs” is Whitehead’s third collection of poetry. It follows the 2009 release of “Songs/Cradled,” made up mostly of song lyrics written by Whitehead. This is the second edition of “Orbs;” the first edition was available in 2011 in eBook form only.
Whitehead currently serves as host and organizer of the 4th Friday Poetry Series at Dog Ears Bookstore, 688 Abbott Road, in Whitehead’s South Buffalo neighborhood. Held on the fourth Friday of every month, the poetry series features guest readers and open reading slots in a relaxed atmosphere that’s perfect for first-time poets who would like to try out their work before a friendly audience.
The 90-page paperback version of “Orbs” is available for $12, while the Kindle edition is priced at just $2.99. For a complete list of bookstores and online outlets carrying “Orbs” as well as other releases from No Frills Buffalo, please visit the company’s website at www.nofrillsbuffalo.com.
No Frills Buffalo is also pleased to announce a new service called the “Work-in-Progress eBook.” This service allows authors in the process of writing a book to receive feedback from all over the world. With the No Frills Work-in-Progress eBook, an author’s work can be posted on Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com before full publication. Email No Frills Buffalo at email@example.com for more information.
“Legend of the Phoenix: Rise of Crescent” by Niagara Falls author Gabriel Gonzalez, another recent release from No Frills Buffalo, was listed among the Top 10 new eBooks sold during the first week of March on Amazon.com. The “Legend of the Phoenix” trilogy introduces readers to deep plot lines with twists and turns in every chapter.
No Frills Buffalo is currently accepting submission from writers interested in being published. For more information, please visit www.nofrillsbuffalo.com or follow No Frills Buffalo on Facebook for frequent updates.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grisanti Names Kelly Carrigg 'Veteran Of The Month'
- Catholic Charities WIC to Host Breastfeeding Walk, Healthy Baby Festival Aug. 8 in Erie County
- Local public health efforts bolstered by use of health information exchange
- Teams compete to climb the grease pole
- Utility work closes part of Church Street downtown
- NYC-BASED VENTURE CAPITALIST AND BLOGGER FRED WILSON TO SPEAK AT LARKIN SQUARE ON AUG. 5
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public