Second Sunday in Broadway-Fillmore Is All About the Pierogi | Arts & Culture
This coming Sunday is Second Sunday in the Broadway-Fillmore neighborhood.
Second Sundays is an initiative started by Broadway Fillmore Alive to encourage people to attend Mass at one of the neighborhood's historic churches every second Sunday of the month during the course of the year. It is a great way to check out one of these churches and support them.
You can read more about the effort by clicking here--->
For March, we are featuring Saint John Kanty Church. We chose the church this month because they are in the middle of their annual Lenten pierogi fundraiser.
Think about it...come to church at Saint John Kanty, buy some pierogi...it doesn't get much better than that.
Here is Saint John Kanty's website--->
All of the churches in Buffalo's historic Polonia are architectural and spiritual treasures.
Let's help keep them ALIVE!
Here is a short video showing the good people at Saint John Kanty making the pierogi.
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.
- DEC says Buffalo company 'creating significant dust'