Second Sunday in Broadway-Fillmore Is All About the Pierogi | Arts & Culture
This coming Sunday is Second Sunday in the Broadway-Fillmore neighborhood.
Second Sundays is an initiative started by Broadway Fillmore Alive to encourage people to attend Mass at one of the neighborhood's historic churches every second Sunday of the month during the course of the year. It is a great way to check out one of these churches and support them.
You can read more about the effort by clicking here--->
For March, we are featuring Saint John Kanty Church. We chose the church this month because they are in the middle of their annual Lenten pierogi fundraiser.
Think about it...come to church at Saint John Kanty, buy some pierogi...it doesn't get much better than that.
Here is Saint John Kanty's website--->
All of the churches in Buffalo's historic Polonia are architectural and spiritual treasures.
Let's help keep them ALIVE!
Here is a short video showing the good people at Saint John Kanty making the pierogi.
Top Eastside Stories
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum -Special Hours for Memorial Day Weekend
- Catholic Charities to Host Domestic Violence Training Focusing on New York Model for Batterers
- Bespoke Men’s Line to Launch in Buffalo
- Senator Grisanti's Bill Designates Pedestrian Bridge 'Scajaquada 9/11 Memorial Bridge'
- Dog Seriously Burned in House Fire Needs Your Help
- Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market Lists May 25 Events
- New Flavors and Cuisines at Sun Restaurant
- Kennedy, Ryan Welcome Homeowner to Renovated 19th Street Home; Announce Housing Grant for West Side
- Local WWII Vet Shares Amazing Story of Survival
- Permanent Food Vendors to Replace Winter Market at Horsefeathers