Forget "Cyber Monday," Take A Retro Trip to Sciandra's Toyland | Arts & Culture
During the 50s & 60s, Carl Sciandra was known as Buffalo's "Toy King." His famous Toyland store located on Genesee Street near Bailey featured 10,000 square feet of retail space making it the largest toy store in Western New York. In 1959, he opened a 2nd location in Dunkirk and a 3rd at the Thruway Plaza. During the holidays Sciandra operated an annex location near the corner of Broadway & Fillmore. Sciandra would promote that it was "Christmas 365-days a year" at his store.
Historic & Hip...Forgotten Buffalo. Learn more at www.ForgottenBuffalo.com
Upcoming Events near Eastside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shark Girl Sculpture Unveiled at Canalside
- Tomorrow’s Youth Today Receives $610,000 Grant from Buffalo, Erie County Workforce Investment Board
- New DNC headquarters going up at breakneck speed
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino and Duff’s to Debut at National Buffalo Wing Festival
- BUFFALO RIVER FEST PARK HOSTS “HALFWAY TO ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARTY” ON SEPTEMBER 5TH
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.